Cognex DataMan 300/360
When high-performance, versatility, flexibility and ease of use are essential, the DataMan 360 series delivers unprecedented functionality to increase throughput and drive down costs. This next generation in the DataMan 300 series includes intelligent image buffering to provide performance feedback that is critical to fixing process issues and increased image storage. The DataMan 360 also offers a 360 degree visual read indicator and a Micro SD card for system-level backup and convenient unit restoration or replacement.
The award-winning DataMan 300/360 series is the most versatile Cognex fixed-mount barcode reader offering multiple integrated lighting and lens options, an intelligent auto-tune feature, and multiple models to select from. The DataMan 300/360 series can handle the most difficult-to-read DPM (Direct Part Mark) codes as well as challenging 1-D barcodes and 2-D matrix codes, and is suitable for indexed or high-speed lines.
Unmatched Barcode Reading Performance
1DMax with Hotbars II technology decodes damaged or poorly printed 1-D barcodes as small as 0.8 pixels per module (PPM).
2DMax provides reliable 2-D code reading despite code quality, printing method or the surface that the codes are marked on, and with patent-pending PowerGrid technology, can locate and read 2-D codes that exhibit significant damage to or complete elimination of the finder pattern, clocking pattern, or quiet zone.
Flexible Optics & Lighting
Integrated and controllable modular lighting and optics enable you to choose the appropriate lens for your required working distance and field of view, including variable focus liquid lens technology. The controllable, field changeable lighting modules allow you to create the best possible lighting for your part, ensuring maximum read rates.
DataMan 360 models include intelligent image buffering to provide performance feedback that is critical to fixing process issues and increased image storage. DataMan 360 also offers a 360 degree visual read indicator and a Micro SD card for system-level backup and convenient unit restoration or replacement.
?The intelligent tuning feature automatically selects the optimum settings for the integrated lighting, autofocus and imager for each application. This tuning process ensures that the barcode reader will be set up to attain the highest read rates possible for 1-D, 2-D, and direct part marked (DPM) codes. The liquid lens can also be adjusted with software or serial commands without having to touch the reader, and refocus within milliseconds with no moving parts involved.
DataMan barcode reader quick setup app
This convenient web-based app allows you to remotely set up and configure your networked fixed-mount barcode readers on your phone or mobile device. Available from Google Play or iTunes App Store, this app allows you to see images in real-time, adjust and share configuration settings among multiple readers, save and send images, and much more. You can even troubleshoot issues and check read rates anywhere on your factory or distribution center floor without using a PC.
Software is standardized across DataMan products and is designed for ease of use and maximum flexibility. DataMan software includes several features for the DataMan fixed-mount readers that by far surpass other image-based fixed-mount readers on the market.
- A high-speed advanced platform that runs the latest proprietary Cognex algorithms for decoding both 1-D and 2-D symbologies
- 1DMax with Hotbars II provides high read rates on 1-D barcodes, even those that may be damaged or distorted
- Hotbars II delivers "barcode stitching" technology and 0.8 ppm (pixels per module) decoding speed to help you solve applications with fewer readers and less complexity
- 2DMax with patent-pending PowerGrid technology decodes severely damaged or poorly marked 2-D matrix codes, and can even read 2-D codes without visible perimeters or quiet zones
- 2DMax with PowerGrid overcomes variations in lighting, marking method, code quality, or surface finish - including damaged finder and clocking patterns and quiet zone violations
- Intuitive Setup Tool for the simplest setup and deployment in real time
- Intelligent tuning technology automatically adjusts the settings of the integrated lighting to find the optimal light setup for the part
- Auto-tune and trigger buttons make the readers easy to set up without a PC or HMI
- 1-D and 2-D quality metrics for process control monitoring and thresholding
- Various trigger modes (self, single, burst, etc.) to meet the broadest range of customer applications